CategoriesNutraceuticals Supplement & ProductAnti DiabeticAnti InfectivesAnti MalarialsAnti NeoplasticsBlood RelatedCardiacDermaGastro IntestinalGynaecologicalHormonesNeuro CnsOphthalOphthal OtologicalsOthersOtologicalsPain AnalgesicsRespiratorySex Stimulants RejuvenatorsStomatologicalsUrologyVaccinesVitamins Minerals NutrientsAyurvedic & Herbal MoleculesVeterinary Molecules
PHAGOCEF-100 Dry Syr...
Cefixime 200 mg + Lactic acid bacillus 2.5 bill...
NIXIM LB Tablets
Cefixime 200mg + Lactic Acid Bacillus-2.5 billi...
Cefixime 200mg, Clav 125mg
Cefixime 200mg+Ofloxacin 200mg
CEFIXIME 200 MG, OFLOXACIN 200 MG
Cefixime 200mg.+ lactic acid bacillus 60 millio...
CEFLAZ Dry Syrup
Cefixime 50 Mg Dry Syrup/5 Ml
Cefixime 100 Mg Dispersible (Alu-Alu)
Cefixime 200mg dispersible
Cefixime Oral Susp IP 50mg
MDCEF 200 TABLETS
Cefixime Trihydrate 200 mg + Azithromycin 250 mg
CefiximeTrihydrate 200mg + Ofloxacin 200mg
FEEXIMM-200 Tablets ...
Cefixime, Azithromycin L.B.
PHAGOCEF CV Dry Syru...
Cefixime Anhydrous 50mg, Clavulanic Acid 31.25 mg
Cefixime 200mg, Ofloxacin 200mg, Lactic Acid Ba...
Cefixime 200 Mg, Ofloxacin 200 Mg (Alu-Alu)
Cefixime 200 Mg, Azithromycin 250 Mg
Cefixime 200 mg, Azitromycin 250 mg
CEFIXIME-200MG,POTASSIUM CLAVULANATE-125 MG(FOI...
CEFIXIME 50 MG, OFLOXACIN -50 MG/5ML
Packing 30 ml
CEFIXIME 100MG TABLETS
Cefixime Manufacturers In India | Cefixime Tablet Manufacturing Companies
Cefixime Manufacturers In India - During the forecast period, the Indian cefixime market is expected to increase at a steady pace. The rising use of cefixime to treat a variety of bacterial infections drives the cefixime market in India. It works by killing germs from growing. Furthermore, the medicine is utilized to treat typhoid fever, which is predicted to drive up demand through FY2026.
Improvements in healthcare infrastructure are expected to support market growth in the coming years. If you are thinking to invest in the Cefixime market then read the detailed information about Cefixime in this article.
What is Cefixime and how does it work?
- Cefixime is a third-generation cephalosporin that is used to treat Gram-negative and Gram-positive bacterial infections that are susceptible to it.
- In the presence of beta-lactamase enzymes, cefixime is strongly stable. As a result, many organisms resistant to penicillins and some cephalosporins may be sensitive to cefixime due to the presence of beta-lactamases.
- Cefixime's antibacterial activity is due to its suppression of bacterial cell wall mucopeptide production.
- Cefixime is an antibiotic that can be used to treat a variety of infections. It kills bacteria by stopping them from building a protective coating (cell wall) that is required for their survival.
Uses of Cefixime:
Cefixime is an antibiotic that is used to treat bacterial infections such as:
- Acute Exacerbation of Chronic Bronchitis due to Streptococcus Pneumoniae
- Acute Exacerbations of Chronic Bronchitis due to Haemophilus Influenzae
- Bacterial Sinusitis
- Community-Acquired Pneumonia (CAP)
- Gonorrhea of anus
- Lyme Disease
- Salmonella Infections
- Salmonella Typhi Infection
- Shigella Infection
- Streptococcal Pharyngitis
- Tonsillitis streptococcal
- Uncomplicated Urinary Tract Infections
- Bacterial otitis media
- Bacterial rhinosinusitis
- Uncomplicated Gonorrhea
General Information about Cefixime
- Generic Name: Cefixime
- DrugBank Accession Number: DB00671
- Type: Small Molecule
- Groups: Approved, Investigational
- Synonyms: Cefixim; Cefixima; Céfixime; Cefixime; Cefiximum
- Drug class: Third-generation cephalosporins
Before Using Cefixime
- If you are allergic to cefixime, any cephalosporin antibiotics, or any other drugs, notify your doctor and pharmacist.
- Tell your doctor about any prescription and over-the-counter medications, ayurvedic medicines, vitamins, nutritional supplements, and herbal products you're taking or planning to use.
- If you have or have had had the gastrointestinal disease, particularly colitis, or kidney or liver disease, tell your doctor.
- If the woman is pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or breastfeeding, notify her doctor. Call your doctor if you become pregnant while taking cefixime.
- If you have phenylketonuria (PKU), an inherited disorder that requires a particular diet to avoid mental impairment, you should be aware that cefixime chewable pills contain aspartame, which converts to phenylalanine.
- Sucrose is present in the cefixime suspension (liquid). If you have diabetes, see your doctor before taking this type of cefixime.
How should I take Cefixime?
- Follow your prescription's instructions to the letter. Cefixime should not be taken in higher or lesser doses or for longer than suggested.
- You can intake Cefixime before and after meals as suitable.
- You must chew the cefixime chewable tablet before swallowing it.
- Just before you measure a dose, give the oral suspension (liquid) a good shake. Use the dosing syringe provided to measure liquid medicine. Ask your pharmacist for a piece of dose-measuring equipment if you don't already have one.
- Certain lab tests for glucose (sugar) in the urine can produce unexpected findings when taking this drug. Any doctor who treats you should be aware that you are taking cefixime.
- Use this drug for the full amount of time recommended. Cefixime will not help you if you have a viral infection.
- The oral liquid can also be kept in the refrigerator.
Dosage information regarding Cefixime
This medicine's dosage will vary relying on the patient. Follow your doctor's orders or the label's instructions. Only the usual doses of this medicine are comprised in the following information. If your medicine dose differs, do not change it unless your doctor instructs you to.
Oral dose forms (capsules, suspensions, chewable tablets, or tablets) should contain the following ingredients:
Infections should be treated as follows:
- Adults and children over the age of 12 who weigh more than 50 kilograms (kg) should take 400 milligrams (mg) once a day or 200 milligrams every 12 hours.
- Children aged 6 months to 12 years—The dose is chosen by your doctor and is dependent on body weight. The dose is commonly 8 milligrams (mg) per kilogram (kg) of body weight per day, given as a single dose or divided into two doses (4 mg/kg of body weight every 12 hours).
- Use and dose must be set by your doctor for children under the age of six months.
Side Effects of Cefixime
- stomach upset/pain,
- loss of appetite,
- increased night-time urination,
- runny nose,
- sore throat,
- cough, or
- vaginal itching or discharge.
- severe abdominal pain,
- constant nausea or vomiting,
- yellowing the patient eyes or skin,
- dark urine,
- notable tiredness,
- new signs of infection,
- easy bruising or bleeding,
- mental/mood changes.
Most Searched Terms Related to Cefixime
- Cefixime Tablets
- Cefixime 200
- Cefixime Dispersible tablets
- Cefixime and Ofloxacin Tablets
- Cefixime 200mg
- Cefixime Tablet IP 200mg
- Cefixime Oral suspension IP
- Cefixime 200 mg tablet
- Cefixime and Potassium Clavulanate Tablets
- Cefixime Dispersible Tablets 200mg
- Cefixime Ofloxacin
- Tab Cefixime 200
- Cefixime 400mg
- Syp Cefixime
- Cefixime Azithromycin
- Cefixime & lactic acid bacillus tablets
- Cefixime 200mg price
- Cefixime 100 mg tablet
- Cefixime 500
- Cefixime Brand name
Post your Requirement
You are looking for?