Rosiglitazone 1mg + ...
Rosiglitazone 1mg, Metformin Hydrochloride 500m...
Rosiglitazone 2mg + ...
Rosiglitazone 2mg, Metformin (SR) 500mg Tablets
Rosiglitazone Manufacturers In India | Rosiglitazone Third Party Manufacturing Companies
Rosiglitazone Manufacturers In India - The Rosiglitazone (CAS 122320-73-4) manufacturing market is rising at a considerable rate during the year, 2021 to 2027. Rosiglitazone is more effective to be used in controlling blood sugar and is also suitable for the treatment of non-insulin-dependent (type II) diabetes. In 2021, the market is rising due to the rising adoption of strategies by key players. PharmaHopers will give you options of the Best Rosiglitazone Manufacturers In India if anyone wants to invest in the Rosiglitazone Manufacturing market.
The Major companies in the Rosiglitazone Market include GSK; Hengrui Pharma; Taiji Group; Huanghe Pharma; Wanma Pharma; Shengjitang Pharma; Jingxin Pharma; STADA; etc. Some other information regarding Rosiglitazone is given in this article below.
What is Rosiglitazone and how it works?
- Rosiglitazone is one of the anti-diabetic drugs from the class of thiazolidinedione.
- GlaxoSmithKline is the pharma company that markets this medicine as a stand-alone drug known as Avandia and in combination with metformin which is named as Avandamet or with glimepiride i.e. Avandaryl.
- The mechanism of action of rosiglitazone, like that of other thiazolidinediones, is the activation of the intracellular receptor class of the PPARs (peroxisome proliferator-activated receptors), specifically PPARγ.
- It works by boosting the body's sensitivity to insulin, a natural hormone that aids in blood sugar regulation.
- Rosiglitazone is known as an "insulin sensitizer" because it binds to insulin receptors on cells throughout the body, making them more sensitive (responsive) to insulin and allowing the cells to remove more glucose from the bloodstream. In order for rosiglitazone to work, the pancreas must produce at least some insulin.
- Rosiglitazone can be used single or with other medicines.
- This drug was accepted by the FDA Department in May 1999.
Uses of Rosiglitazone
- In adults with type 2 diabetes, rosiglitazone is used in conjunction with diet and exercise to improve blood sugar control.
- According to recent research, rosiglitazone may be beneficial to a subset of Alzheimer's disease patients who do not express the ApoE4 allele.
- This medication guide does not cover all possible uses for rosiglitazone.
General Information regarding Rosiglitazone
- Brand Names: Avandamet, Avandia
- DrugBank Accession Number: DB00412
- Type: Small Molecule
- Groups: Approved, Investigational
- Synonyms: Rosiglitazon; Rosiglitazona; Rosiglitazone; Rosiglitazonum
- Generic name of this drug is rosiglitazone (row zi GLI ta zone)
- Dosage forms are mainly oral tablets (2 mg; 4 mg; 8 mg)
- Drug class: Thiazolidinediones
- Associated Conditions: Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus
Before Using Rosiglitazone
- Tell your health care specialist if you have any allergic reaction to rosiglitazone, any other medications, or any of the ingredients which is found in rosiglitazone tablets.
- Tell your doctor what are the main prescripted and nonprescription medications, OTC medicines, vitamins, nutritional supplements, and herbal products you are taking or if you plan to take them.
- If a person has or has ever had any of the medical conditions mentioned in the IMPORTANT WARNING section or has diabetic eye diseases such as macular edema; heart disease, or liver disease, fluid in the lungs, swelling, eye problems, anemia, bone problems (such as osteoporosis, osteopenia). Consult your doctor.
- Follow your doctor's instructions if a woman is pregnant or she is planning to become pregnant. If she becomes pregnant while taking the medicine, call your doctor.
- Before the mother starts breastfeeding, talk to her doctor.
- In a premenopausal woman, rosiglitazone may stimulate ovulation and increase the risk of unintended pregnancy. Discuss your risk with your doctor. Consult your doctor about birth control options that are right for you.
- While taking this medication, you should avoid drinking alcohol because it can increase your risk of low blood sugar.
- While taking rosiglitazone, women are more likely to break a bone. Consult your doctor about ways to keep your bones in good shape.
- Rosiglitazone is not recommended for people under the age of 18.
How should Rosiglitazone be used?
- One should read and understand all medication guides and must follow all directions on their prescription label. Your doctor may adjust your dose of Rosiglitazone from time to time.
- Rosiglitazone is available as a tablet that must be swallowed. This medicine is taken once or twice a day, with or without food.
- Every day, take the medicine at the same time(s). Do not take more or less the given dose of this medicine, or take it more frequently than your doctor has prescribed.
- It could take up to two weeks for your blood sugar levels to begin to normalize. Continue to take the medication as prescribed and notify your doctor if your levels do not improve in two or three months.
- Based on your body's response to the medication, your doctor may increase your rosiglitazone dose after 8-12 weeks.
- Diet, exercise, blood sugar testing, weight control, and special medical care may all be part of a treatment plan that includes rosiglitazone. One should pay close attention to your physician guidelines.
Dosage Forms is mainly oral tablet & Strengths consist of 2mg; 4mg
Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus
- The initial dose of rosiglitazone is 4 mg orally once a day
- Maintenance dose of rosiglitazone: Increase to 8 mg/day if an unsatisfactory response is not achieved after 8 to 12 weeks.
- The maximum dose of the medicine is 8 mg/day
Othe dosage information
- In case of active liver disease (ALT >2.5 x ULN,) patients it is recommended to not initiate rosiglitazone
- Renal impairment patients: One should consult their doctor. It is not required to adjust any dose.
- Coadministration with a sulfonylurea: Adjust sulfonylurea dose if hypoglycemia occurs
- PEDIATRIC: Consult your physician.
Common Side effects of Rosiglitazone
- runny nose
- cold symptoms
- sore throat
- back pain
- upper respiratory tract infection
- back pain
Serious Side effects of Rosiglitazone
- Accumulation of fluid (edema) can occur may be mild to moderate and this can lead to heart failure.
- increases the fluid permeability of capillaries, which are tiny blood vessels.
- dark urine
- yellowing of the skin or eyes
- changes in vision
- vision loss
- pale skin
- The eyes, tongue, lips, face, or throat can swell
In case of overdose or missed dose
If the patient has fallen, has trouble breathing, had a seizure, or can't be awakened, immediately call the emergency services helpline.
As soon as the patient taking the medicine to remember. He should take the missed dose. If your next dose is approaching, skip the missed dose and resume your regular dosing schedule. Do not take the double medicine dose of Rosiglitazone to make up for a missed dose.
Most Searched Terms
Post your Requirement
You are looking for?