Lixisenatide Manufacturers In India | Lixisenatide Third Party Pharma Manufacturing Companies
Lixisenatide Manufacturers In India - Lixisenatide manufacturing market is increasing at a healthy high rate during the forecast years of 2021 to 2029 due to many factors such as an increase in the percentage of geriatrics in the global population, an increase in the prevalence of diabetes patients, an increase in the demand for early detection of incurable diseases, and the presentation of innovative applications. If you are the one thinking of investing in the Lixisenatide Manufacturing market then you are in the right place. We can help you in providing the Best Lixisenatide Manufacturers In India.
Read the further blog for the Best and genuine information about Lixisenatide. You can come back to us after reading the information. PharmaHopers can help you in giving all the answers related to Lixisenatide manufacturing and can give you many options of the Top Lixisenatide Manufacturers In India from which you can choose the best option according to your needs and demands.
What is lixisenatide and how does it work?
- Lixisenatide is an agonist for the glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1) receptor.
- Sanofi-Aventis sells it under the brand name Adlyxin.
- Lixisenatide received FDA department approval on the 28th of July 2016.
- Lixisenatide is a type of anti-diabetic drug. It works by increase the level of insulin release from the pancreas, lowering blood sugar-raising hormones, slowing digestion, and reducing appetite.
- The drug lowers blood sugar levels by gradually raising insulin levels in the bloodstream, which reduces sugar absorption by the body.
- In addition, the medicine is effective for delaying gastric emptying and also a drop in usual appetite appearing in weight loss.
Uses of Lixisenatide:
- In adults with type 2 diabetes, lixisenatide is used in conjunction with diet and exercise to improve blood sugar control.
- Lixisenatide is a drug that is used to treat type 2 diabetes.
- It is not intended to be used to treat type 1 diabetes.
- Other uses for this medication may be prescribed; consult your doctor or pharmacist for more information.
General Information about Lixisenatide
- The generic name of the drug is lixisenatide (LIX I SEN a tide)
- Dosage forms are mainly subcutaneous kit (-) or subcutaneous solution (20 mcg/0.2 mL)
- Brand Names: Adlyxin Starter Kit, Adlyxine, Lyxumia, Soliqua
- DrugBank Accession Number: DB09265
- Type: Small Molecule
- Groups: Approved
- Synonyms: Lixisenatida; Lixisénatide; Lixisenatide
- Associated Conditions: Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus
Before Using lixisenatide
- Ask your doctor if you have an allergic reaction to lixisenatide, any other type of medicine, or any of the ingredients present in lixisenatide injection.
- Tell your doctor about the prescribed and nonprescribed medicines, Over counter medicines, vitamins, Ayurvedic medicines, nutritional supplements, and herbal products you take or plan to take.
- If you drink or have ever drunk a lot of alcohol, or if you have or have ever had severe stomach problems, such as gastroparesis; pancreatitis; gallstones; or kidney disease, tell your doctor.
- tell your doctor if a woman is pregnant, or planning to be pregnant. If a woman becomes pregnant while taking a lixisenatide injection, call her doctor.
- If you notice a significant change in your diet, exercise, or weight, or if you become ill, develop an infection or fever, experience unusual stress, or are injured, consult your doctor. These changes and conditions may have an impact on your blood sugar levels and the amount of lixisenatide injection you require.
- Lixisenatide can reduce the effectiveness of birth control pills. Take your birth control pill at least 1 hour before or 11 hours after taking lixisenatide.
- This medication does not appear to pass into breast milk. Before the mother starts breastfeeding, talk to her doctor.
- Lixisenatide is not recommended for anyone under the age of 18.
How should I use lixisenatide?
- Read and understand all medication guides and follow all directions correctly on your prescription label.
- Lixisenatide injection is administered subcutaneously using a prefilled dosing pen (under the skin).
- The medication is injected beneath the surface of the skin. A healthcare provider may show you how to use the medication properly on your own.
- Lixisenatide is usually injected once a day, approximately 60 minutes (1 hour) before your first meal. Make an effort to take your medicine at the same time every day.
- Only prepare an injection when you're ready to administer it. Check whether the medicine has changed its colors or has particles in it, do not use it. For new medication, contact your pharmacist.
- Use lixisenatide injection on a daily basis at about the same time. Lixisenatide injection should be used exactly as directed. Do not take more or less medicine doses without consulting your doctor.
- Each time you give an injection, use a different location. Do not repeat injections in the same location.
- Your doctor will most likely start you on a low dose of lixisenatide and gradually increase it over 14 days.
- The injection of lixisenatide can be given in the thigh (upper leg), the abdomen (stomach area), or the upper arm. Each injection should be given at a different location. If the pen was kept in the refrigerator, let it warm up to room temperature before using it.
- The patient should never share his/her needles or pens and never reuse these needles again. After injecting your dose, remove the needle immediately. Needles or pens should be disposed properly of in a puncture-resistant container. Consult your doctor for instructions on how to properly dispose of these puncture-resistant containers.
- While taking this medicine, it is recommended that you drink plenty of water to stay hydrated and avoid kidney damage.
Dosage information regarding lixisenatide
Dosage Forms & Strengths
- Mainly the Starting dose (green pen) is: 50mcg/mL in 3mL prefilled pen (provides 14 doses of 10mcg/dose)
- Mainly the maintenance dose (burgundy pen) is: 100mcg/mL in 3 mL prefilled pen (that provides 14 doses of 20mcg/dose)
Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus
- The Initial dose of the medicine is 10 mcg subcutaneously for 14 days given once a day
- The Maintenance dose of this drug should be Increase to 20 mcg subcutaneously once a day on day 15, and thereafter
PEDIATRIC: Consult your physician. Safety and efficacy are not defined. Lixisenatide is not recommended for anyone under the age of 18.
Common Side Effects of lixisenatide
- low blood sugar
- redness at the injection site
Serious Side Effects of lixisenatide
- With or without vomiting, persistent pain in the upper left or middle of the stomach may spread to the back.
- pounding heartbeat
- feeling dizzy
- The eyes, mouth, face, throat, tongue, feet, ankles, or lower legs may swell
- difficulty eating or breathing
- decreased urination,
- very dry mouth or skin
- extreme thirst
Missed Dose and OverDose Information
- Wait until your next meal and take your medicine within 1 hour of eating. The next day, resume your regular injection schedule. Do not combine two medicine doses at a time.
- Call 911 if someone has overdosed and is experiencing serious symptoms such as passing out or having trouble breathing. Otherwise, contact a poison control helpline center as soon as possible.
Most Searched Terms
Post your Requirement
You are looking for?