CategoriesNutraceuticals Supplement & ProductAnti DiabeticAnti InfectivesAnti MalarialsAnti NeoplasticsBlood RelatedCardiacDermaGastro IntestinalGynaecologicalHormonesNeuro CnsOphthalOphthal OtologicalsOthersOtologicalsPain AnalgesicsRespiratorySex Stimulants RejuvenatorsStomatologicalsUrologyVaccinesVitamins Minerals NutrientsAyurvedic & Herbal MoleculesVeterinary Molecules
SILDENAFIL TABLETS 100MG
Saxagliptin Hydrochloride 2.5mg Tablets FC
Saxagliptin Hydrochloride 5mg Tablets
Saxagliptin Manufacturers In India | Saxagliptin Third Party Manufacturing
Saxagliptin Manufacturers In India - Saxagliptin is an orally administered anti-diabetic medication. Factors such as the rising prevalence of diabetes are driving the worldwide saxagliptin market. Other reasons contributing to saxagliptin's market growth include rising healthcare spending, a big patient pool, and more government support. So if you are thinking of investing in the Saxagliptin manufacturing market then this is a great option. PharmaHopers can help you in providing the Best Saxagliptin Manufacturers In India.
The market for saxagliptin has been developing at a quicker rate with considerable growth rates over the last few years, and it is expected to rise significantly in the anticipated period, i.e. 2021 to 2028. Some other information about Saxagliptin medicine is given below in this article. Read the information and come back to us for the leading Saxagliptin Manufacturing companies In India.
What is saxagliptin and how it works?
- Saxagliptin (rINN) belongs to the novel dipeptidyl peptidase-4 (DPP-4) inhibitor class of medicines. It is an orally active hypoglycemic (anti-diabetic) medication.
- On July 31, 2009, the FDA authorized the medication.
- Saxagliptin works by raising the amount of insulin that your body produces. It also limits the amount of glucagon generated by your pancreas, which helps to elevate blood sugar levels. Fasting and post-meal sugar levels are decreased as a result of this.
- Because glucagon induces your liver to create more sugar, lowering your glucagon levels also helps to lower your blood glucose levels.
Uses of Saxagliptin?
- In persons with type 2 diabetes, saxagliptin is taken in conjunction with a healthy diet and exercise program to help regulate blood sugar levels.
- High blood sugar control helps to prevent kidney disease, blindness, nerve difficulties, limb loss, and sexual function issues.
- Type 1 diabetes is not treated with saxagliptin.
- The drug is occasionally used in combination with other diabetes treatments.
- This medication guide does not cover all possible uses for saxagliptin.
- Type of medicine: Antidiabetic drug
- The generic name is saxagliptin
- Dosage forms consist of the oral tablets (2.5 mg; 5 mg)
- Drug class: Dipeptidyl peptidase 4 inhibitors
- DrugBank Accession Number: DB06335
- Type: Small Molecule
- Groups: Approved
- Synonyms: Saxagliptin; Saxagliptina
- Associated Conditions: Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus
Before taking saxagliptin
- Before you start taking saxagliptin, make sure your doctor is aware of your condition. If you're pregnant, you should consider having a child. Consult your doctor about the risks and benefits.
- This drug does not transfer into a mother's breast milk. But do consult a doctor first.
- Tell your doctor if you are allergic to saxagliptin or if you have any other allergies before taking it.
- Tell your doctor or pharmacist about your medical history, especially if you have kidney illness, pancreatic disease, gallbladder stones, or heart failure.
- While taking this medication, you should avoid drinking alcohol because it can raise your risk of low blood sugar and pancreatitis.
- If you're taking any other medicines the do let your doctor know about it. This includes over-the-counter, ayurvedic, herbal, and complementary medicines, as well as prescription and non-prescription medications.
- Driving or operating machinery that demands alertness or clear eyesight should be avoided until you know how Saxagliptin affects you and are sure you can do it safely.
- You should notify your doctor if you become particularly thirsty, pass urine more frequently than usual, or feel extremely exhausted. These are symptoms that your blood sugar level is too high, and your therapy may need to be adjusted.
- Anyone under the age of 18 is not allowed to take saxagliptin.
- Medication for diabetes is usually a lifetime. Proceed to take saxagliptin tablets unless you are advised by your doctor.
How to take saxagliptin
- Before you start taking saxagliptin, read the Medication Guide and, if available, the Patient Information Leaflet issued by your pharmacist, as well as each time you get a refill.
- Take saxagliptin exactly as directed by your doctor. Intake tablets with water only. The tablets should not be crushed or broken; they should be consumed whole.
- One 5 mg tablet (Onglyza® brand) is usually used once a day. If you have difficulty with the way your kidneys work, you may be prescribed a lower-strength medication.
- You can take the tablet whenever it is convenient for you, but it is ideal to take your doses at the same time each day. Saxagliptin can be taken before or after a meal.
- If you've been prescribed a saxagliptin and metformin combo tablet (Komboglyze® brand), take one tablet twice a day, soon after meals. The Komboglyze® brand of the tablet comes in two strengths; both contain the same quantity of saxagliptin, but the amount of metformin varies. You'll be given the tablet strength that corresponds to your current metformin dose.
- Diet, exercise, weight control, blood sugar testing, and specific medical care may all be part of a comprehensive treatment plan that includes saxagliptin. Pay strict attention to your doctor's recommendations.
Dosage Information of saxagliptin:
Dosage Forms & Strengths consist of 2.5mg; 5mg
Diabetes Mellitus Type 2: 2.5 - 5 mg taken orally once a day, regardless of meals
- Combination therapy: When sulfonylureas or other insulin secretagogues are used together, the dosage of sulfonylureas or other insulin secretagogues may need to be reduced.
- Coadministration with strong CYP450 3A4/5 inhibitors: Do not take more than 2.5 mg of PO per day.
CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 18 YEARS: Efficacy and safety have yet to be determined. Consult a physician.
Common Side Effects of saxagliptin
- painful urination;
- runny or stuffy nose
- sore throat
- swelling in your hands or feet.
- Throat and nasal passages Inflammation
- Upper respiratory tract infection
- Urinary tract infection
Serious Side Effects of saxagliptin
- Severe Joint pain
- Feeling severe pain while urinating
- heart problems
- shortness of breath (even while lying down)
- feeling weak or tired
- rapid weight gain
- Swelling in your feet, legs, or midsection
OverDose, Missed Dose, and Storage Information about Saxagliptin:
Contact an emergency helpline if someone has overdosed and is experiencing serious symptoms such as passing out or having problems breathing. Otherwise, contact a poison control center as soon as possible. Symptoms of overdose include:
- Extreme weakness
- fast heart rate
- difficulty speaking
- rapid breathing
- fainting, and seizure
If you forget to take a dose, remember to do so as quickly as possible (unless it is nearly time for your next dose, in which case leave out the missed dose). To make up for a missed dose, do not combine two doses.
Most Searched Terms
- Saxagliptin Tablets
- Saxagliptin 5 mg
- Saxagliptin And Metformin
- Metformin Saxagliptin Combination
- Saxagliptin Metformin HCL Extended-Release Tablets
- Saxagliptin SPC
- Onglyza Saxagliptin 5 mg
- Saxagliptin Cost
- Saxagliptin Generic
- Saxagliptin Metformin 2.5 1000
- Dapagliflozin and Saxagliptin
- Metformin Saxagliptin Monohydrate
Post your Requirement
You are looking for?