Exenatide Manufacturers In India | Exenatide Third Party Manufacturing
Exenatide Manufacturers In India - Exenatide manufacturing Market is growing at a quicker pace with the growth rates over the last few years and is estimated that the market will grow significantly in the forecasted period i.e. 2020 to 2027. Investing in Exenatide manufacturing market is profitable for the people who want to extend their business in pharma. PharmaHopers can help you in finding the Top Exenatide manufacturers in India. We can make your choice easy by providing you with the Top list of Exenatide Manufacturing companies in India.
The increase in the number of middle-class households, as well as rising per capita income in the countries, are expected to result in increased spending power in general, assisting in the market's growth during the forecast period. The increase is primarily due to GLP-1's improved efficiency (glucagon-like peptide-1). The market for Exenatide is expected to be driven by rising diabetes prevalence in both developed and developing countries.
Before you decide to invest read some of the genuine and updated details about Exenatide medicine below in this article.
What is Exenatide and how it works?
Exenatide belongs to the class of incretin mimetics and is a glucagon-like peptide-1 receptor agonist (GLP-1 receptor agonist). This drug was approved by the FDA on 28th April 2005.
Incretins, such as human-glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1), are hormones produced by the intestine and released into the bloodstream in response to food consumption. GLP-1 increases insulin secretion from the pancreas slows glucose absorption from the gut and inhibits glucagon action. All three of these actions help to lower blood glucose levels. In addition, GLP-1 suppresses hunger.
Exenatide is a man-made (synthetic) hormone that looks and acts like GLP-1. Exenatide-treated patients had lower blood glucose levels and lost weight, according to studies. The medicines work by increasing insulin release from the pancreas of the patient's body, lowering the blood sugar-raising hormones, slowing digestion, and reducing appetite.
Uses of Exenatide:
- Exenatide is a drug that is used to treat type 2 diabetes.
- It's also being tested to see if it can help with Parkinson's disease.
- It is not intended to be used to treat type 1 diabetes.
- Exenatide can be used for a variety of other things that aren't listed in this medication guide.
General Information regarding Exenatide
- Type: Biotech
- Groups: Approved, Investigational
- Biologic Classification: Protein-Based Therapies Hormones
- Associated Conditions: Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus
- Synonyms: Exenatida; Exenatide; Exenatide synthetic; Exendin 4; Exendin-4; Synthetic exendin-4
- The generic name is exenatide (Byetta) (ex EN a tide)
- Dosage forms consist of subcutaneous solution (10 mcg/0.04 mL; 5 mcg/0.02 mL)
- Drug class: Incretin mimetics
- Molecular weight: 4186.63
- Formula: C184H282N50O60S
Before Using Exenatide
- If you have an allergy to exenatide, any other medications, or any of the ingredients in exenatide injection, tell your doctor.
- Also, tell your doctor if you've ever had thrombocytopenia (low platelet count) as a result of taking any other exenatide products.
- Tell your doctor about any prescription and nonprescription medications, vitamins, over-the-counter medications, nutritional supplements, and herbal products you're using or planning to use. Because exenatide may alter the way your body absorbs medications, it's especially important to tell your doctor about all the medications you take by mouth.
- Take any oral contraceptives (birth control pills) or antibiotics at least one hour before using exenatide injection. If your doctor has advised you to take these medications with food, do so with a meal or snack when you are not taking exenatide.
- Tell your doctor if you drink a lot of alcohol or have ever drunk a lot of alcohol, if you have nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea, or if you think you're dehydrated, or if these symptoms appear at any point during your treatment.
- Also inform your doctor if you have or have ever had severe stomach problems, such as gastroparesis or other difficulties digesting food; pancreatitis, gallstones, or a high level of triglycerides in the blood; or pancreas, liver, or kidney disease.
- If the woman is pregnant or plans to become pregnant, tell her doctor. Exenatide has not been adequately studied in pregnant women. Insulin is the drug of choice for diabetic pregnant women, according to the majority of experts.
- Breastfeeding may not be safe while taking this medication. Inquire with your doctor about any potential dangers.
- In the event that you become ill, develop an infection or fever, experience unusual stress, or are injured, consult your doctor. These conditions can have an impact on your blood sugar levels and the amount of exenatide you require.
- Exenatide is not recommended for anyone under the age of 18.
- Visually inspect this product for particles or discoloration before using it. If either of these conditions exists anytime in the medicine, do not use the liquid.
- Wipe the injection site with rubbing alcohol before injecting each dose. To reduce injury beneath the skin, change the injection site every time.
How to use Exenatide
- Before you start using exenatide and each time you get a refill, read and understand your Medication Guide and the Pen User Manual provided by your health care provider.
- Exenatide immediate-release (Byetta®) is available as a liquid solution in a prefilled dosing pen for subcutaneous injection (just under the skin).
- Exenatide immediate-release solution is usually injected twice a day, 60 minutes before breakfast and dinner; it should not be injected after meals.
- Your doctor will likely start you on a low dose of exenatide immediate-release injection and may switch you to a pen with a higher dose of medication after a month if the patient blood sugar control has not recovered.
- You'll need to buy needles separately if you're using exenatide immediate-release (Byetta®) prefilled dosing pens. In order to inject your medication, ask your doctor or pharmacist what type of needles you'll need.
- Exenatide extended-release (long-acting) (Bydureon®) medicine comes as a powder form that must be mixed with liquid in a vial or should be injected subcutaneously with a prefilled dosing pen.
- Exenatide extended-release solution is injected once a week, regardless of when you eat. Exenatide extended-release should be taken on the same day each week at any time.
- If it has been 3 days or more since your last dose, you may change the day of the week you take exenatide extended-release.
- If you're using a refrigerated prefilled dosing pen (Bydureon®) or prefilled autoinjector (Bydureon BCISE®), take the dosing pen or autoinjector out of the fridge 15 minutes before you're ready to inject the medication.
- Shake the injection vigorously for at least 15 seconds to mix it. Exenatide should appear as an opaque, white to off-white suspension after mixing.
- Exenatide extended-release (Bydureon BCISE®) is administered subcutaneously as a suspension in a prefilled autoinjector.
- Exenatide injection should be used exactly as directed. Do not take more or less of it, or take it more frequently than your doctor prescribes.
- Your glucose (sugar) levels may temporarily increase for 2 to 4 weeks after switching from exenatide immediate-release to exenatide extended-release.
- Exenatide is injected into the thigh (upper leg), stomach (stomach), or upper arm. Each injection dose should be injected at a different area of the body, about 1 inch (2.5 centimeters) away from the previous space but in the same general area (for example, the thigh).
- Before moving on to a new area, use all available sites in the same general area (for example, the upper arm). Do not inject at the same location more than once a month.
- Exenatide and insulin should be given separately if you're also taking insulin. Do not combine the two. These medications can be injected into the same area of the body, but the injection sites should not be close together.
Dosage Information regarding Exenatide
BYETTA medicine should be started at 5 mcg twice daily (BID) at any time during the 60-minute window between breakfast and dinner (or before the two main meals of the day, approximately 6 hours or more apart).
Dosage Forms And Strengths
BYETTA injection comes in the strength of 250 mcg/mL exenatide in the following packages:
- 5 mcg per dose, 60 doses, 1.2 mL prefilled pen
- 10 mcg/dose, 60 doses, 2.4 mL in prefilled pen
BYDUREON is administered subcutaneously once every seven days at a dose of 2 mg (weekly). The dose can be taken at any time during the day, with or without food.
The Initial dose is 2 mg subcutaneously given once every 7 days (weekly)
- 10 years and older
- The Extended-release (Bydureon; Bydureon BCISE) is 2 mg subcutaneously that is given once every 7 days (weekly)
- You can take it at any time of day, with or without food; see dose adjustments for more information on missed doses and switching administration days.
Side Effects of Exenatide:
- nervousness and,
- stomach discomfort.
Serious side effects of Exenatide:
- decreased appetite,
- acid reflux, and
- increased sweating
- persistent upper stomach pain.
How should I store Exenatide?
- The medicine should be protected from light and do not freeze (you should discard the medicine if frozen)
- In case of Immediate-release Pens (Byetta): The Unopened (not in use) should be Store in refrigerator 2C to 8C (36F to 46F); The Opened (in-use) should be Store below 25C (77F); may be refrigerated. The drug should be discarded 30 days after opening
- In case of Extended-release Pens and Trays (Bydureon): The Unopened (not in use) should be Store in refrigerator 2C to 8C (36F to 46F); may be stored at room temperature (below 25C [77F]) for not more than a total of 4 weeks. Use immediately Once the suspension is prepared
- In case of Extended-release Auto-injector (Bydureon BCISE): The Unopened (not in use) should be Store flat in refrigerator 2C to 8C (36F to 46F); may be stored at room temperature (below 30C [86F]) for no more than a total of 4 weeks, if needed; Once you have prepared the suspension Use it immediately
Most Searched Terms
Post your Requirement
You are looking for?