Dehydroemetine Manufacturers In India | Dehydroemetine Injection Manufacturing Companies
Dehydroemetine Manufacturers In India - Dehydroemetine is an antiprotozoal agent and a synthetic derivative of emetine having anti-amebic capabilities similar to those of emetine, but with fewer adverse effects. Dehydroemetine is a drug that is used to treat worm infections.
Information about Dehydroemetine
- It's an antiamoebic medication that's used to treat intestinal and hepatic amoebiasis.
- It works by stopping the intra-ribosomal translocation of the tRNA-amino acid complex, which inhibits protein synthesis.
- Dehydroemetine kills trophozoites but has little impact on cysts. It comes in tablet and injectable forms and is less hazardous than emetine.
- Dehydroemetine belongs to the antiprotozoal agent class of medicines. It works by stopping infection-causing bacteria from growing.
Uses of Dehydroemetine
- Acute amoebic dysentery
- Amoebic liver abscess
- Liver fluke infestation
General Information about Dehydroemetine
- Generic Name : Dehydroemetine
- DrugBank Accession Number: DB13865
- Type: Small Molecule
- Average Weight: 478.633
- Chemical Formula: C29H38N2O4
- Synonyms: Dehydroemetine
How to use Dehydroemetine
- Dehydroemetine is available as a 60 mg dehydroemetine dihydrochloride in a 1-ml ampoule for injection.
- Injections should always be given intramuscularly and a minimum of 6 weeks should pass before starting a second course.
- The dose will be determined by your doctor based on the disease for which you are being treated. To get the most out of Dehydroemetine, strictly follow your doctor's recommendations.
- Only a hospital should administer dehydroemetine.
- The patient's heart rate and blood pressure should be closely monitored, and the medicine should be stopped if there are signs of a fast heartbeat, very low blood pressure, or any electrical changes in the heart.
- Patients with a history of heart illness, kidney disease, or neuromuscular disease should avoid using the medicine.
- Weakness and significant toxic effects may be warning indicators that you should cut your dosage.
- Avoid using it during pregnancy since it is hazardous to the fetus; it may be used to safeguard the mother only if amebic dysentery occurs late in the pregnancy.
- You should not drive or operate any heavy machinery after taking Dehydroemetine because it can make you drowsy.
- Before you start taking this medicine and throughout your treatment, your doctor may check your blood counts and liver function.
- Avoid being in close proximity to persons who are unwell or infected. In the event of an infection, contact your doctor.
- Abnormal Liver Function Tests
- Abdominal Pain
- Hair Loss
Other Important Information
- Store below 30°C at room temperature.
- To report an overdose, contact your doctor or seek emergency medical attention.
- Do not take two doses if you forget to take a dosage. If your next dose is approaching, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule.
Most Searched Terms
Post your Requirement
You are looking for?