(1 Products available)
Chlorpropamide Manufacturers In India
Packing 100 Tablets
Chlorpropamide Manufacturers In India | Chlorpropamide Third Party Manufacturing Companies
Chlorpropamide Manufacturers In India - Want to invest in the Chlorpropamide manufacturing market. Then you are in the right place. The Chlorpropamide Manufacturing market is growing nowadays. It is profitable if you are thinking to invest in this market. PharmaHopers brings you the Top list of Chlorpropamide Manufacturers in India. Contact us and our executives will help you by giving all the answers to your questions regarding Chlorpropamide manufacturing and Chlorpropamide manufacturing companies in India.
For more details about the drug Chlorpropamide, you can read the article given below. We have provided all the genuine details about the product Chlorpropamide. Before making your mind read the information carefully. For any queries contact us.
What is chlorpropamide and how does it work?
- Chlorpropamide is an antihyperglycemic drug that is taken orally.
- Chlorpropamide belongs to the sulfonylurea class, which stimulates the release of insulin from pancreatic cells.
- Both basal and meal-stimulated insulin secretion is increased by sulfonylureas.
- Chlorpropamide should not be used to treat Non-insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus because it raises blood pressure and increases the risk of retinopathy (UKPDS-33).
- Up to 80% of a single oral dose of the medicine is metabolized in the liver and the remaining 80-90 percent is excreted in the urine.
- Chlorpropamide is a type of anti-diabetic drug. It works by causing the pancreas to release more insulin in order to lower blood sugar levels.
Uses of Chlorpropamide
- Chlorpropamide is used in combination with diet and exercise to help adults with type 2 diabetes control their blood sugar levels.
- Other uses for this medication may be prescribed; consult your doctor for more information.
General Information regarding Chlorpropamide
- The Generic name is chlorpropamide (klor PROE pa mide)
- Brand name: Diabinese
- Drug Class: Sulfonylureas
- DrugBank Accession Number: DB00672
- Type: Small Molecule
- Groups: Approved, Investigational
- Synonyms: Chlorpropamid; Chlorpropamide; Chlorpropamidum; Clorpropamida
- Associated Conditions: Diabetes Insipidus; Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus
Before Using Chlorpropamide
- If you have an allergy to chlorpropamide, any other medications, or any of the ingredients in chlorpropamide, tell your doctor.
- Tell your doctor and pharmacist what prescription and over-the-counter medications, vitamins, nutritional supplements, and herbal products you're taking or planning to take.
- For the person with the disease G6PD deficiency, hormone disorders involving the adrenal, pituitary, or thyroid gland, or heart, kidney, or liver disease, should not take this medicine. See your doctor.
- Consult your family doctor if the woman is pregnant or planning to become pregnant. Call your doctor if you become pregnant while taking chlorpropamide.
- There are no adequate studies in women to determine the risk to an infant if this medication is used while breastfeeding.
- Before taking this medication while breastfeeding, consult your doctor about the side effects.
- If you're 65 or older, talk to your doctor about the risks and benefits of taking chlorpropamide.
- Chlorpropamide is not recommended for older adults because it is not as safe or effective as other medications for the same condition.
- Tell your doctor or dentist that you are taking chlorpropamide if you are having surgery, including dental surgery.
- Inquire with your doctor about the safe consumption of alcoholic beverages while on this medication. Chlorpropamide's side effects can be exacerbated by alcohol.
- Wear protective clothing, sunglasses, and sunscreen to avoid unnecessary or prolonged exposure to the sun. Chlorpropamide can make your skin photosensitive.
- In the event that you become ill, develop an infection or fever, experience unusual stress, or are injured, consult your doctor. These conditions can have an impact on your blood sugar levels and the amount of chlorpropamide you require.
How to use Chlorpropamide?
- Follow your doctor's special meal plan.
- the medicine is taken before breakfast or before your first meal.
- Chlorpropamide is available as a tablet to be swallowed. It is usually taken before breakfast once a day.
- If chlorpropamide causes stomach problems, tell your doctor. Your doctor may advise you to take chlorpropamide in smaller doses twice a day with meals. Take chlorpropamide at the same time(s) every day to help you remember to take it.
- Chlorpropamide treatment plans include dietary changes, weight management, exercise, regular blood sugar testing, and specialized medical attention.
- One should pay attention to your doctor's instructions.
The medicine Dosage Forms & Strengths is 100mg; 250mg
Type 2 Diabetes
- The Initial dose of chlorpropamide is 100 mg to 250 mg orally once a day
- Chlorpropamide dose should be adjusted every 3 to 5 days in increments of 50 to 125 mg.
- The maintenance dose of chlorpropamide is 100 mg to 500 mg per day
- the Maximum dose of chlorpropamide 750 mg per day
Othe dosage information:
- Pediatric: In the pediatric population, no appropriate studies on the relationship between age and the effects of chlorpropamide have been conducted. Safety and efficacy have to be managed.
- Geriatric: Although no appropriate studies on the relationship of age to the effects of chlorpropamide in the elderly population have been conducted, geriatric-specific problems are unlikely to limit chlorpropamide's usefulness in the elderly. However, elderly patients are more likely to develop age-related liver or kidney problems, which may necessitate a dose adjustment for chlorpropamide patients.
- Renal Impairment: In case of CrCl <50 mL/minute: The patient to Avoid use; CrCl >50 mL/minute: You should monitor therapy closely; The initial and maintenance dosing of the medicine should be conservative to avoid hypoglycemia
- Hepatic Impairment: In patients with liver disease the initial and maintenance doses are low than usual because this drug undergoes extensive hepatic metabolism.
Common Side Effects of Chlorpropamide
- full feeling.
Serious Side Effects of Chlorpropamide
- dark urine
- severe skin rash
- pale skin
- easy bruising
- sore throat
- mouth sores
- low levels of sodium in the body
OverDose and Missed Dose Information:
A chlorpropamide overdose leads to life-threatening hypoglycemia. Symptoms of severe hypoglycemia include extreme weakness, tremors, nausea, sweating, trouble speaking, confusion, fast heartbeats, or seizures.
Take your medicine dose after your meal as soon as you can, but skip the missed dose if it is almost time for your next dose. Do not use two doses at one time.
Post your Requirement
You are looking for?